• 2 bunches kale (any variety will work, curly is fabulous)
• ¼ cup tablespoons lemon juice
• ¼ cup oil (my favorite is olive oil)
• 1 teaspoon salt (or less, to taste)
• 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
• 1/3 cup seeds/sprinkles – optional (sesame, hemp seeds, shredded coconut)
• spice it up – add a 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of your favorite spices or herbs
Preheat the oven to 225-275 degrees F.
Rinse kale, remove stems, and toss into large bowl. Kale can be torn into pieces (not too small – they will shrink!).
Combine lemon juice, oil, nutritional yeast, spices/herbs and salt in a jar or bowl. Stir or shake to combine.
Drizzle dressing over de-stemmed kale in large bowl.
Massage dressing into the kale until the kale is coated.
Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes OR dehydrate in a dehydrator until crispy.
Serve as finger food, top salads, soups, baked potatoes, etc.